THE INSIDE MAN – BOOK RELEASE
New book by Dr. Mark Becton, The Inside Man: How One Person Can Influence Government is available for $14.95 in the Media Library.
P2G CITYWIDE PRAYER MEETING
Monday, August 8 at 630pm. (Mt. Vernon Baptist Church, 11220 Nuckols Rd)
LOVE – GUILT – REDEMPTION. Experience life through the eyes of exploited women and their mentors. Based on real life scenarios, written by a P2G mentor. *Event may contain material not suitable for young children.
EXPLORE GOD DISCUSSION GROUP TRAINING
August 7, 1230-2pm (rm 205). Join us as we engage in a movement of Churches to invite 1.2 million people in RVA to EXPLORE GOD. Find out what it means to be a discussion group facilitator and how you can get started and join in the movement! Lunch provided. Information: email@example.com or visit the table in the Foyer.
SINGLE ADULT MINISTRY
· Sundays, 9:15am: Bible Study (Rm 208) DVD series Always True: God’s Promises When Life Is Hard.
· July 30: Game Night, 6-9pm (Café). Enjoy pizza and door prizes! Hosted by “Singleminded”, Grove’s single adult class for 30-50 yr olds. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHILDREN’S CHOIR VOLUNTEERS
· 3-4 YR OLD CHOIR – Servant Leader and 1-2 Helpers
· Shout to the Lord (5-6 Yr Old) Choir – 1-2 Helpers
“WINDOW OF CHRIST” BOOK
Learn about the symbolism of Grove’s stained glass window. Books/DVDs available for sale: Media Library
FIRST FRIDAY SHABBAT – AUGUST 5
· 5:15 – 5:45 – Shabbat Prayer Meeting (Rm 166)
· 6pm – Messianic Concert – Dan and Melissa
Please bring a covered dish to share (no pork / shellfish)
RSVP: email@example.com by Tuesday, August 2
FIRST STEPS – A NEW PATH TO GROVE MEMBERSHIP
A NEW PATH FOR BECOMING A GROVE MEMBER- August Sundays, 9:15am (PARLOR). Four sessions required for membership that help you come to know who Grove is, what we believe, where we are going and how you can go with us. Join any Sunday! Contact Member Care Pastor: firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTRUMENTALISTS NEEDED for Sunday Services
Seeking individuals who are adept at reading music and proficient in their instrument. Wednesday night rehearsals are required. * Especially seeking DRUMMERS AND GUITARISTS* Contact Sherri.Matthews@grovechurch.net
WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
Next series will start in September. Summer Outreach opportunities are available in the Ministry Opportunities Booklet. Pick one up in the Foyer!
M2M MINISTRY BIBLE STUDY
Sundays, 6pm, Rm 169 OR Wednesdays, 6:45pm, Rm 172
Stop by the M2M Men’s Ministry table in the Foyer for a listing of our current studies!
Are you or someone you know hurting or facing a life crisis? If you or someone you know could benefit from having a caring person visit you once a week, every week to listen to you, encourage, and pray for you, in confidence. Please contact Bob Solomon at (804) 986-2498 or email@example.com.
- Completed 1st-4th Picnic and Pool Party, Friday July 29, 5:30-8:30 pm. (Teachey’s house: 750 Rockford Rd, Manakin Sabot, 23103). Meats, paper products, and drinks provided. Please bring a side dish or dessert to share. RSVP:firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Heritage Camp (Aug 1-5)
- American Heritage Arts Showcase – Friday, August 5, 630pm (Sanctuary) Join us for a patriotic presentation. Before or after the performance browse the art exhibits in the Foyer and enjoy treats prepared by our cooking and culinary workshops.
- AWANA WORKERS NEEDED for 2016-17. Volunteer postcards are available at the Student Booth. Registration begins August 14. First club night is September 14.
- KIDZ CHURCH VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – 1st-5th Children’s Worship needs helpers who are able to serve weekly or bi-weekly during the 11am service. Information: email@example.com
- SUMMER CALENDARS AVAILABLE AT THE STUDENT BOOTH
- WEDNESDAY, July 20 – NO MS Wildside
- THURSDAY, July 21 – NO Man Meeting / Girl Talk
- SUNDAY – 9:15am HS/MS Encounter, 11am Worship, No Evening Activities
- Information: Student Booth in Foyer OR Email firstname.lastname@example.org
GROVE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
- Please contact the school for openings in our Kindergarten classes: email@example.com
- Grove School extends an invitation to all Alumni for an Alumni Cookout on Saturday, July 30, 1230-430pm.
- A special welcome to Aaron Woodard our new Athletic Director! Mr. Woodard started on June 11. We are excited to welcome him to Grove Christian School. As a reminder: Fall sports start August 8. **There is an updated VA Sports Physical Form, on our website, that will need to be completed for anyone participating in sports this year. Please note: this form replaces the previous one.
OUR GROUP NAME IS CHANGING! Over the last five years Home Educators at Grove has developed into a much broader outreach than simply a support group, through providing encouragement, support, resources, and a multitude of activities for over 400 families. Our leadership has come to realize that our name simply doesn’t represent who we are. HEAG has always been a home school support group that has reached out pass the walls of Grove. We have come to recognize that our heartbeat is for the homeschooling community as a whole, ministering to families through the vehicle of home education. Simply put, our name needs to represent our vision. As of July, Home Educators at Grove’s name, website and Facebook will be changing to:
HOMESCHOOL FAMILY CONNECTION (HSFC)
A Ministry of Grove Avenue Baptist Church
Support, Resources, and Activities for the Homeschooling Family
Information / Join, Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
KITCHEN VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Grove Christian School offers lunches three days a week during the school year. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to come in and help with this ministry opportunity to our students Mon, Tues and Thurs from 9:30-1:00. Contact: email@example.com
COFFEE SERVERS NEEDED for Sunday mornings
Have the gift of hospitality? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-NEWSLETTER IN YOUR EMAIL
If you have given us your email address and you are not receiving the E-Newsletter, please check your spam filter. Subscribe: email@example.com.
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
8:30am-4:30pm Monday – Thursday
SHUTTLE PARKING TIMES & LOCATION
Beverly Hills Shopping Center: 8:30 am- 1:00pm
Century 21 & Bank: 8:30-9:15am & 12:15-1:00pm
Call 804.740.8888 by Noon on Tuesday or place the bulletin insert in the offering plate on the Sunday prior. Cost is $5 per adult and $3 per child.
Announcements must be submitted no later than 12 noon on FRIDAYS. Submissions must be 1-2 sentences long. Up to 100 word count allowed for WEB, please mark this clearly in the same email. Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org.