NEW SERMON SERIES – “WE’RE TALKING FAMILY”
Sunday, February 7 “Priorities: Putting God First” (All generations in worship)
Sunday, February 14 “Sex: A Healthy Sex Talk”
Sunday, February 21 “Parenting: A Different Picture of Discipline”
Sunday, February 28 “Grand-parenting: Positioned to Influence”
QUARTERLY FAMILY MEETING
February 7, immediately following the worship service.
To receive the Preliminary 2015 Year-end Stewardship Report, vote on the Quarterly Membership, the Nominating Committee and the Deacon Recommendation Reports for 2016. Printed reports are available at the welcome center.
PRECIOUS TO GOD – CITYWIDE PRAYER GATHERING
Monday, February 8, 6:30pm, Room 005
Special Guest: Emily Yount, Vanderbilt University’s Keegan Traveling Fellowship Recipient. Hear about her travels to 15 countries, working with survivors of sexual exploitation.
SINGLE ADULT MINISTRY
February 14: Second Sunday Lunch following 11:00 service at Kickback Jack’s, 9318 West Broad. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 16: Clay House Ministry where we offer a meal and Bible study for single homeless adults who reside in this Virginia Supportive Housing residence. For more details contact: email@example.com
PARENTING CONFERENCE: SAT, MARCH 5, 8:00am – 4:00pm
STOP DEFIANCE, DISRESPECT & POWER STRUGGLES with Kirk Martin
Register TODAY at HEAV.org or stop by the HEAG table located in the foyer. Kirk has given parents practical, put-into-practice-today strategies on how to stop power struggles, backtalk, meltdowns, endless whining, and more.
TWO WORKSHOP PRESENTATIONS:
Discipline That Works: Get Kids Listen the First Time
Stop Defiance, Disrespect & Meltdowns
COST: $25/person; $35/couple; $10/additional family members (children 5-18). Lunch provided by Honey Baked Ham, an additional $10 each. QUESTIONS Contact: Craig and Stephanie firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are encouraged to take care of your most important earthly relationship! Weekend to Remember, sponsored by Family Life, has upcoming opportunities near Richmond. For more information visit the table in the foyer or to register go to www.familylife.com/weekend. Enter group code “GROVE” for discount.
- February 12-14, Virginia Beach
- April 22-24, Washington, DC
Are you a musician? Know someone who wants to use their skills in Worship? The Worship Team is seeking instrumentalists for our Sunday morning services. Wednesday night rehearsals are required. * Especially seeking DRUMMERS AND GUITARISTS * Contact Sherri.Matthews@grovechurch.net
WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
Join us on Wednesdays, 6:15 pm. and Thursdays, 9:30 am. as we begin our new study in the book of Ephesians. Please visit the Women’s Ministry Table in the foyer for more information.
M2M MINISTRY BIBLE STUDY
M2M Wed Night Bible Studies, 6:30-8 pm, Jan 13-Feb 16, 2016
- Ask it! by Andy Stanley. (Rm 170). Andy Stanley identifies the one question that makes it easy to determine the answer to all other questions.
- Guardrails: Avoiding Regrets in Your Life by Andy Stanley. (Rm 171) Andy Stanley addresses what it would be like to have guardrails in your life-areas where culture baits you to the edge of disaster and then chastises you when you step across the line.
- Making Peace with Your Past by Tim Sledge. (Rm 172) This is a continuation of a 12-week study.
M2M Sunday Night Bible Study, 6-7 pm, Jan 17-Feb 20, 2016
- Guardrails: Avoiding Regrets in Your Life by Andy Stanley. (Rm 169) Andy Stanley addresses what it would be like to have guardrails in your life-areas where culture baits you to the edge of disaster and then chastises you when you step across the line.
Friday, February 19 at 7pm Favorite Hymn Sing-a-long. Featuring: Glorybound Band, Donald Coles, andThe Pat Coley Players!
Are you new to the Grove Family? You are invited to this small group experience designed to help you learn how to get connected in the life and mission of our church. Classes will meet on Sunday mornings, February 14 and 21 at 9:15 in room 174. The class is facilitated by Pastor Chuck Ward. To sign-up email: email@example.com or call 740-8888 ext. 105.
Our senior adults, the Keenagers, will meet on Tuesday, February 23, at noon in room 105. Craig and Stephanie Konicki will share how God is at work through our Home Educators at Grove Ministry. Plan to bring a favorite dish to share and remember desserts will be provided by Grove Christian School Culinary Class.
Are you or someone you know hurting or facing a life crisis? If you or someone you know could benefit from having a caring person visit you once a week, every week to listen to you, encourage, and pray for you, in confidence. Please contact Bob Solomon at (804) 986-2498 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENDOWMENT FUND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS 2016-2017
Deadline for College scholarship applications: MARCH 15
Downloadable PDF: CLICK HERE
Family Night Cafe – February 12
- 7-9pm All ages welcome! Inflatables, Family Dodgeball, Concession food and more!
- 9-11pm Youth Cafe time
$60 Centri-kid Camp deposits are due by the end of February to secure your spot for camp. Camp is July 18-22. For more information see the camp brochures in the Lower Level Children’s brochure rack.
- Tuesday: HS Girls CG (7:00pm, Robbs’ Home)
- Wednesday: Trek (6:05pm, Room 205), HS Guys and Girls CG’s (6:45pm, Café)
- Next Sunday, February 7: HS Encounter (9:15am, Gym), MS CG’s 9:15am, Start in Gym), Worship with Church Family (11:00am, Sanctuary), Crosswalk (6:00pm, Choir Room)
- Next Friday, February 12: Family Night Cafe (7-9pm, all ages), Student Cafe (9-11pm)
- CROWDER’S RIDGE CAMP AND RETREAT CENTER – MS & HS Summer Camp. July 18-22. Cost $275. Only 100 Spaces available! SIGN UP EARLY!
- Visit us at the RUSH Booth www.gabcrush.com
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENTS’ PRAYER TIME: Friday, February 12 at 8:15 am (Grove Church Sanctuary)
A reminder, that parents and members of Grove’s administration meet every Friday, in the Church Sanctuary, for a prayer time starting at 8:15 a.m. This has become a special time of praise and intercession for all our Grove families. Please join us in lifting the students, teachers, administration, parents and all those involved with Grove before our wonderful God! Great things are happening!
HOME EDUCATORS AT GROVE
- TODD WILSON ”THIS WE BELIEVE” Thursday, February 11 at 6:30pm , Room 105. Todd is an incredible speaker and his messages hits right at home for our DADS with his humor and direct conversation. Moms you won’t want to miss this night either! Sign up on the website or email Stephanie at HomeEducators@comcast.net.
- UPCOMING HEAG EVENTS: FEBRUARY 25 Science Fair
COFFEE SERVERS NEEDED
Do you have the gift of hospitality? We are looking for 2 more folks to help with coffee prep one Sunday each month. If this is something you would be willing to help with, please contact Robin Houchins at email@example.com
E-NEWSLETTER IN YOUR EMAIL
If you have given us your email address and you are not receiving the E-Newsletter, please check your spam filter. Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
- 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Thursday
- 8:30am-12:00pm on Friday
SHUTTLE PARKING TIMES & LOCATION
- Beverly Hills Shopping Center: 8:30am- 1:00pm
- Century 21 & Bank: 7:30-9:15am & 12:15-1:00pm
Reservations can be made by calling 804.740.8888 by Noon on Tuesday or placing the bulletin insert in the offering plate on the Sunday prior. Cost is $5 per adult and $3 per child. Join us 5:00-6:15pm on Wednesday nights.
·Chicken and Dumplings
·Green Beans and Baby Carrots
·Mixed Berry Dump Cake
Any announcements or articles for the bulletin must be submitted no later than 12 noon on FRIDAYS. Submissions must be 1-2 sentences long. Up to 100 word count allowed for WEB, please mark this clearly in the same email.
Submit information to email@example.com.