SUNDAY SCHEDULE – JULY 3
· NO Bible Study Groups (9:15am)
· Worship at 11am
· NO Evening Activities
Senior Adults will meet JUNE 28 AT NOON (Rm 105). Our program will feature The Finney’s in concert. John and Frankie Finney love to share their faith through song and they have done so for many years up and down the East Coast. Plan to invite a friend and to bring a favorite dish to share.
FIRST FRIDAY SHABBAT – JULY 1
· 5:15 – 5:45 – Shabbat Prayer Meeting (Rm 166)
· 6pm – Guest Speaker : Paul Klassen “What is Kosher?”
Please bring a covered dish to share (no pork / shellfish)
RSVP: email@example.com by Tuesday, June 28
MARRIAGE ONENESS CLASS
Starts July 10. An 8 week course meeting on Sunday mornings (9:15am, Rm 219).
Information / Register : firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the table in the Foyer.
YOUTH SUMMER SING!
Middle School – College Age Students. Join the Adult Worship Team for Summer.
Rehearse Wednesday nights 6:30-8pm and sing on Sundays (10:30am soundcheck, 11am Worship).
CHILDREN’S CHOIR VOLUNTEERS
· 3-4 YR OLD CHOIR – Servant Leader needed for 2016-17 and 1-2 Helpers for 3-4yr old choir
· Shout to the Lord (5-6 Yr Old) Choir – 1-2 Helpers
“WINDOW OF CHRIST” BOOK
Learn about the symbolism of Grove’s stained glass window. Books/DVDs available for sale: Media Library
FIRST STEPS – A NEW PATH TO GROVE MEMBERSHIP
A NEW PATH FOR BECOMING A GROVE MEMBER- Sundays, 9:15am (PARLOR). Four sessions required for membership that help you come to know who Grove is, what we believe, where we are going and how you can go with us. Join any Sunday! Contact Member Care Pastor: email@example.com
ADULT VBS CLASSES – June 26-30, 6:15-8:30 p.m.
Grow spiritually and fellowship during our VBS! Information / Register : Foyer
· Art of Marriage—A video series and small group discussion that reveals the challenges and beauty of God’s design for marriage. (Rm 210) Facilitated by Brian Taylor and Matt Dillard
· Discipleship in a Post-Christian Culture—What it means to become a Great Commission Worshipper.
(Rm 212) Facilitated by Matt Lipka
· You Can Live Safer Today—Basic hands-on self-defense workshop that helps you defend yourself in close quarters. (Rm 205) Facilitated by Tom Kirkland
INSTRUMENTALISTS NEEDED for Sunday Services
Seeking individuals who are adept at reading music and proficient in their instrument. Wednesday night rehearsals are required. * Especially seeking DRUMMERS AND GUITARISTS* Contact Sherri.Matthews@grovechurch.net
WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
Next series will start in September. Summer Outreach opportunities will be listed at a later date!
M2M MINISTRY BIBLE STUDY
Wednesday Night Bible Study, 7-8 pm
Sunday Night Bible Study, 6-7 pm (June 5-July 10)
· Seven Questions that Rattle in the Minds of Most Men by John Woodall (Rm 169)
Are you or someone you know hurting or facing a life crisis? If you or someone you know could benefit from having a caring person visit you once a week, every week to listen to you, encourage, and pray for you, in confidence. Please contact Bob Solomon at (804) 986-2498 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VBS June 26-30, 6:15-8:30pm: OCEAN COMMOTION: Diving into Noah’s Flood!
- CLICK HERE to register for VBS2016
- CLICK HERE to register for American Heritage Camp (Aug 1-5) For Completed 1st-12th graders.
Focus on biblical heritage combined with performance arts. 2-3 Workshop choices for their grade level/interest.
Information at Family Booth in Foyer.
- SUMMER CALENDARS HAVE BEEN MAILED. If you haven’t received one pick up at the Student Booth
- NEXT SUNDAY, JULY 3 – No 9:15 groups, Worship at 11am, No Evening Activities
- CROWDER’S RIDGE SUMMER CAMP, July 18-22 - Possible spaces still available, Contact Tammy ASAP!
- Information: Student Booth in Foyer OR Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer programs, for our students, starting June 6. Information here: GCS SUMMER COURSES
- Elementary Studio Art Classes (Completed 2nd – 5th grade)
- Upper School Studio Art Classes (drawing, acrylic, watercolor and pastels)
- Driver’s Education (Completed 9th grade +)
- STEM Camp (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, Completed 3rd grade +)
- Basketball Camp (July 1-15, 9am-1pm)
- Tennis Camp
- Soccer Camp (July 25 – 28, 8am-12pm)
- American Heritage Fine Arts Camp
HEAG supports homeschooling families (students from preschool – high school) through activities such as field trips, clubs, educational fairs, and other events. Monthly family meetings with guest speakers help encourage and educate. Information / Join, Contact: email@example.com
COFFEE SERVERS NEEDED for Sunday mornings
Have the gift of hospitality? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-NEWSLETTER IN YOUR EMAIL
If you have given us your email address and you are not receiving the E-Newsletter, please check your spam filter. Subscribe: email@example.com.
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
8:30am-4:30pm Monday – Thursday
SHUTTLE PARKING TIMES & LOCATION
Beverly Hills Shopping Center: 8:30 am- 1:00pm
Century 21 & Bank: 8:30-9:15am & 12:15-1:00pm
Call 804.740.8888 by Noon on Tuesday or place the bulletin insert in the offering plate on the Sunday prior. Cost is $5 per adult and $3 per child.
Announcements must be submitted no later than 12 noon on FRIDAYS. Submissions must be 1-2 sentences long. Up to 100 word count allowed for WEB, please mark this clearly in the same email. Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org.