2016 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
CLICK HERE for the list of office closings and special events throughout Grove ministries this Holiday Season.
YEAR-END GIVING STATEMENTS: EMAIL OR PHONE NUMBER CHANGED?
Contact: email@example.com by December 12! We need the correct information for your Year-End Giving statements. Donors with email addresses will receive an email this week. If you do not receive one, please follow up with Dale.
As end of year approaches, there are multiple ways you can give:
- by check (must be received by Grove or post-marked by no later than December 31)
- online groveave.com/online-giving by December 31
- transfer of stock (see details at groveave.com/online-giving)
ANTHEM YOUTH ENSEMBLE DRESS REHEARSAL
Wednesday, December 7, 630-8pm. Required dress rehearsal for December 11 Sunday worship. Please arrive at the Sanctuary by 6:25pm, ready to rehearse!
ACTS 1:8 – A GIFT FOR YOU!
In the Foyer, pick up an ornament as a free gift from IMB as a reminder to pray for our missionaries. Thank you for your continued giving through our Acts 1:8 mission offering.
Wednesday, December 21, 7pm (Rm 205) Join us for “Songs of Christmas” Family Sing-A-Long. Please bring a plate of Christmas cookies to share!
Take care of your most important earthly relationship. Weekend to Remember, sponsored by Family Life, has upcoming opportunities near Richmond: November 18-20, Williamsburg, February 10-12, Virginia Beach and March 17-19, Washington, DC. For more information go to www.familylife.com/weekend. Enter group code “GROVE” for discount.
IMB CHILDCARE WORKERS NEEDED
January 9-13 – Care for Missionary children in a classroom setting during the Stateside Conference at the International Learning Center in Rockville, Va. Those who are interested in supporting ILC must be at least 18 years of age and will be paid $10.00/hour.
State-wide missions offering to support new church starts, disaster relief and Appalachian ministries. Give through the Grove Acts 1:8 offering. Prayer guides on the missions table.
EXPERIENCE ADVENTURE IN SERVICE!
· Dates: March 13-24, 2017 – CENTRAL ASIA
· Dates: April 7-16, 2017 – PHILIPPINES
· More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
FIRST STEPS – A NEW PATH TO GROVE MEMBERSHIP
A NEW PATH FOR BECOMING A GROVE MEMBER- Every Sunday, 9:15am (PARLOR). Four sessions required for membership that help you come to know who Grove is, what we believe, where we are going and how you can go with us. Join any Sunday! Contact Member Care Pastor: email@example.com
SINGLE ADULT MINISTRY
· Sundays, 9:15am – Bible Study (Rm 208) Always True: God’s Promises When Life Is Hard.
· December 11 – Second Sunday Lunch following the service. Pie Five (10921 W. Broad)
· December 20 – Clay House Christmas Party – provide gifts and a meal for homeless single adults who reside there. Pick up a flyer at the Welcome Center or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WINDOW OF CHRIST BOOK
Learn about the symbolism of Grove’s stained glass window. Books/DVDs available for sale: Media Library
THE INSIDE MAN BOOK
By Dr. Mark Becton, The Inside Man: How One Person Can Influence Government is available for $14.95 in the Media Library.
WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
· Journey through the book of Hebrews
Wednesdays 6:15pm and Thursdays 9:30am (Rm166)
M2M MINISTRY BIBLE STUDY
· Sundays, 6pm, Rm 169
· Wednesdays, 6:45pm, Rm 172
Stop by the M2M Men’s Ministry table in the Foyer for a listing of our current studies!
Are you or someone you know hurting or facing a life crisis? If you or someone you know could benefit from having a caring person visit you once a week, every week to listen to you, encourage, and pray for you, in confidence. Please contact Bob Solomon at (804) 986-2498 or email@example.com.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH CHOIRS – will resume January 8
· JOYFUL NOISE (3-4yr) meet in Rm 110, Sundays 6-7:15pm
· SHOUT TO THE LORD (K5-1st) meet in Rm 123, Sundays 6-7:15pm
· PRAISE KIDZ (2nd-5th) meet in Rm 005, Sundays 6-7:15pm
· CROSSWALK YOUTH (6-12th) meet in Choir Room, Sundays 6-7pm
· ANTHEM YOUTH ENSEMBLE (by audition only) meet in Choir Room, Sundays 7-8pm
· Last AWANA night– December 14. Wear your tacky Christmas clothes! AWANA will resume on January 4.
· Centri-Kid Camp- July 17-21 (Completed 3rd-6th grade). Registration has begun! $60 deposit required to reserve your child’s spot. Space is limited!
· Coffee servers needed- 2nd Sundays of the month. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· · · · · · Trek, 6:15pm (Rm 205)
· · · · · · HS CG, 6:45pm (Rm 231)
· · · · · · 9:15am – HS Encounter / MS CG (Gym)
· · · · · · 11am – Worship with Church Family (Sanctuary)
· · · · · · NO Crosswalk / Anthem rehearsals! See you January 8!
· Passion 2017: January 2-4, Current Seniors and College Students. Brochure at the Generations Booth!
· Information: email@example.com
GROVE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
· Fridays, 8:15am– Parents Prayer & Coffee (Sanctuary)
· December 16, 8:30am – Christmas Program. 1/2 Day for students
· Support our Sports Programs! Upcoming events: Athletic Calendar
· Family Christmas Party (Dec 8, Gym)
· Special Needs: How To Teach Your Child When The Path Doesn’t Seem Clear (Jan 12, Rm 105)
· High School Symposium (Jan 28, Gym)
Information / Join: www.HomeSchoolFamilyConnection.org
If you have given us your email address and you are not receiving the E-Newsletter, please check your spam filter. Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
8:30am-4:30pm Monday – Thursday
SHUTTLE PARKING TIMES & LOCATION
Beverly Hills Shopping Center: 8:30 am- 1:00pm
Century 21 & Bank: 8:30-9:15am & 12:15-1:00pm
Contact Liz: 804.740.8888 / email@example.com
RSVP: Noon on Monday (OR place bulletin insert in the offering plate on the Sunday prior )
Cost: $5 per adult and $3 per child
· December 7 – Pepper Steak with Rice, Asian Salad, Gingered Pears, Egg Roll, Cookie
· December 14 – Ham Steak, Mac & Cheese, Greens, Candied Yams, Roll, Assorted Pies
· December 21 – No Dinner (Christmas Break)
· December 28 – No Dinner (Christmas/ New Year’s Break)
Announcements must be submitted no later than 12 noon on FRIDAYS. Submissions must be 1-2 sentences long. Up to 100 word count allowed for WEB, please mark this clearly in the same email. Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org