GIVING FOR 2016
- Statements will be mailed the fourth week of January
- If Grove has your email, a statement will be sent the third week of January
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
GROVE READING TEAM
Brief training session January 15, after the 11am service (Rm 166).
Be a “Reading Friend” to a child at Three Chopt Elementary School. Invest 30 minutes per week (Mon.-Fri., 7:50 AM-2 PM). Begins February 1. Contact: email@example.com
PRC OF METRO RICHMOND VOLUNTEER TRAINING
Saturday, February 11 (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) and Tuesdays, February, 14- March 14 (morning or evening classes). Cost: $28. Register by January 24. INFORMATION: 804-673-2020
Tuesday, January 31, 12pm (Rm 105) Featuring Tyler and Lauren, servicing with the IMB in East Asia. Plan to invite a friend and bring a dish to share! * Please note: Change this month form the 4th Tuesday to the 5th Tuesday.
EXPERIENCE ADVENTURE IN SERVICE!
· Dates: March 13-24, 2017 – CENTRAL ASIA
· Dates: April 7-16, 2017 – PHILIPPINES
· More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
FIRST STEPS – A NEW PATH TO GROVE MEMBERSHIP
A NEW PATH FOR BECOMING A GROVE MEMBER- Jan 8, 15, 22, 29 at 9:15am (PARLOR). Four sessions required for membership that help you come to know who Grove is, what we believe, where we are going and how you can go with us. Join any Sunday! Contact Member Care Pastor: email@example.com
SINGLE ADULT MINISTRY
· Sundays, 9:15am – Bible Study (Rm 208) Always True: God’s Promises When Life Is Hard.
WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
Wednesdays 6:15pm and Thursdays 9:30am (Rm166)
M2M MINISTRY BIBLE STUDY
· Sundays, 6pm, Rm 169
· Wednesdays, 6:45pm, Rm 172
Stop by the M2M Men’s Ministry table in the Foyer for a listing of our current studies!
Are you or someone you know hurting or facing a life crisis? If you or someone you know could benefit from having a caring person visit you once a week, every week to listen to you, encourage, and pray for you, in confidence. Please contact Bob Solomon at (804) 986-2498 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH CHOIRS – will resume January 15
· JOYFUL NOISE (3-4yr) meet in Rm 110, Sundays 6-7:15pm
· SHOUT TO THE LORD (K5-1st) meet in Rm 123, Sundays 6-7:15pm
· PRAISE KIDZ (2nd-5th) meet in Rm 005, Sundays 6-7:15pm
· CROSSWALK YOUTH (6-12th) meet in Choir Room, Sundays 6-7pm
· ANTHEM YOUTH ENSEMBLE (by audition only) meet in Choir Room, Sundays 7-8pm
· FAMILY NIGHT- Friday, January 20, 5-9pm.
· · · · · · Inflatables in the foyer for ALL AGES from 5:30-9:00.
· · · · · · FREE FAMILY BINGO in 105 from 6:30-9:00.
· · · · · · Family Dodge Ball in Gym from 8:15-9:00
· Family Grand Prix – Friday, February 17, 6-9pm.
· · · · · · Registration begins at 530pm that night.
· · · · · · Families encouraged to build 1-2 cars together to race.
· · · · · · Cars on sale $6. (Sundays, Family Booth or Wednesday nights,Check-in Desk)
· Centri-Kid Camp- July 17-21 (Completed 3rd-6th grade).
· · · · · · Registration has begun! $60 deposit required to reserve your child’s spot. Space is limited!
· Coffee servers needed- 2nd Sundays of the month. Contact: email@example.com
· · · · · · Trek, 6:15pm (Rm 205)
· · · · · · HS CG, 6:45pm (Rm 231)
· · · · · · 9:15am – HS Encounter / MS CG (Gym)
· · · · · · 11am – Worship with Church Family (Sanctuary)
· · · · · · 6pm – Crosswalk Youth Choir (Choir Room), 7pm Anthem Youth Ensemble (*by audition only)
· Registration for Big Creek, Sr. Trip, and Camp open NOW. Forms at Booth
· 2017 Medical Release Forms – 2 copies required to be on file for all students. Pick up forms at the booth, we can notarize at Gen. Booth
· January 14: MS/HS Snow Tubing Cost: $35 + money for lunch. Register at the Booth
· Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
GROVE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
· Fridays, 8:15am– Parents Prayer & Coffee (Sanctuary)
· January 9 -13 : Spirit Week and Homecoming
· Sports Resume January 10 Upcoming events: Athletic Calendar
· Special Needs: How To Teach Your Child When The Path Doesn’t Seem Clear (Jan 12, Rm 105)
· High School Symposium (Jan 28, Gym)
· Family Flag Football (Feb 4)
· Valentine Party at Skate-A-Way (Feb 10)
Information / Join: www.HomeSchoolFamilyConnection.org
WINDOW OF CHRIST BOOK
Learn about the symbolism of Grove’s stained glass window. Books/DVDs available for sale: Media Library
By Dr. Mark Becton, The Inside Man: How One Person Can Influence Government is available for $14.95 in the Media Library.
If you have given us your email address and you are not receiving the E-Newsletter, please check your spam filter. Subscribe: email@example.com
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
8:30am-4:30pm Monday – Thursday
SHUTTLE PARKING TIMES & LOCATION
Beverly Hills Shopping Center: 8:30 am- 1:00pm
Parham Rd. Bank Lot: 8:30-9:15am & 12:15-1:00pm
Contact Robin: 804.740.8888 / GroveDinner@grovechurch.net
RSVP: Noon on Monday (OR place bulletin insert in the offering plate on the Sunday prior )
Cost: $5 per adult and $3 per child
· January 4 – Tomato Basil Soup, Grilled Cheese, Mandarin Oranges, Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
· January 11 – Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad, Peach, Butterscotch Blondie
· January 18 – Meatloaf, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Peas/Carrots, Roll, Apple Crisp
· January 25 – French Toast, Hash brown Casserole, Scrambled Eggs with Sausage, Fruit Salad (Mandarin Oranges, Pineapples, Bananas)
Announcements must be submitted no later than 12 noon on FRIDAYS. Submissions must be 1-2 sentences long. Up to 100 word count allowed for WEB, please mark this clearly in the same email. Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org