DECISION AMERICA PRAYER RALLY
Wednesday, October 12, 12pm Join in this community-wide gathering of prayer for personal and national revival led by Franklin Graham on the grounds of our State Capitol. Bus transportation is available from Grove. Departs at 11:00 AM and returns by 2:00 PM.
RSVP, Contact: Karen.Cunningham@grovechurch.net
KEENAGERS ANNUAL BANQUET
Tuesday, October 25, 12pm (Rm 105) Catered by Brocks BBQ. Guest Speaker: Dr. Mark Becton, Special music: The Pat Coley Players TICKETS: firstname.lastname@example.org
State-wide missions offering to support new church starts, disaster relief and Appalachian ministries. Give through the Grove Acts 1:8 offering. Prayer guides on the missions table.
CENTRAL ASIA MISSION TRIP
Dr. Becton is leading a mission trip to Central Asia March 13-24, 2017. Information: email@example.com
SBVC ANNUAL HOMECOMING 2016
Celebrating 20 years of ministry in Virginia, Southern Baptist Conservatives of VA will hold its annual meeting November 13–15, 2016, at First Baptist Church, Roanoke. For more information, go to www.sbcv.org/annualhomecoming. If you plan to attend and would like to represent the Grove Family as a messenger, Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by November 3.
HOPE TREE FAMILY SERVICES
Foster Care Orientation Session, October 17, 6pm. Session held at The Virginia Baptist Resource Center, 2828 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294. Information: ShannonU@HopeTreeFS.org
FIRST STEPS – A NEW PATH TO GROVE MEMBERSHIP
A NEW PATH FOR BECOMING A GROVE MEMBER- Every Sunday, 9:15am (PARLOR). Four sessions required for membership that help you come to know who Grove is, what we believe, where we are going and how you can go with us. Join any Sunday! Contact Member Care Pastor: email@example.com
SINGLE ADULT MINISTRY
· Sundays, 9:15am – Bible Study (Rm 208) Always True: God’s Promises When Life Is Hard.
· October 18 – Clay House Ministry – Offer a meal / Bible study for single homeless adults who reside there. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
WINDOW OF CHRIST BOOK
Learn about the symbolism of Grove’s stained glass window. Books/DVDs available for sale: Media Library
THE INSIDE MAN BOOK
New book by Dr. Mark Becton, The Inside Man: How One Person Can Influence Government is available for $14.95 in the Media Library.
YOUTH / CHILDREN’S CHOIRS
It’s not too late to join! REGISTER : groveworshiprva.com/register
· Joyful Noise (3-4yr *must be potty-trained) meet Sundays , 6-7:15pm (Rm 110)
· Shout to the Lord (5-6yr) meet Sundays , 6-7:15pm (Rm 123)
· Praise Kidz (2nd-5th grade) meet Sundays , 6-7:15pm (Rm 005)
· Crosswalk (6th-12th grade) meets Sundays, 6-7pm (Choir Room)
· Anthem Youth Ensemble* (6th-12th grade) meets Sundays, 7-8pm (Choir Room)*By Audition only
INSTRUMENTALISTS NEEDED for Sunday Services
Seeking individuals who are adept at reading music and proficient in their instrument. Wednesday night rehearsals are required. * Especially seeking DRUMMERS AND GUITARISTS* Contact Sherri.Matthews@grovechurch.net
WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
· Journey through the book of Hebrews – Meets Wednesdays 6:15pm and Thursdays 9:30am (Rm166)
M2M MINISTRY BIBLE STUDY
· Sundays, 6pm, Rm 169
· Wednesdays, 6:45pm, Rm 172
Stop by the M2M Men’s Ministry table in the Foyer for a listing of our current studies!
Are you or someone you know hurting or facing a life crisis? If you or someone you know could benefit from having a caring person visit you once a week, every week to listen to you, encourage, and pray for you, in confidence. Please contact Bob Solomon at (804) 986-2498 or email@example.com.
· FAMILY NIGHT CAFE- Friday, October 21st 7-9 pm . Inflatables, family games, and snack foods available for purchase. Great time to meet other Grove families!
· FALL FESTIVAL Friday, October 28, 5-7pm (At Three Chopt Elementary) Candy donations and volunteers are needed. Please bring any candy donations to the generations booth in the foyer.
· LEADERS NEEDED- 9:15-10:45am Preschool Crawler Room and 10:45-12:15p in Kingdom Kids Service (need 1 adult or couple to help work with youth leaders in activities)
· AWANA – Wednesday Nights, 6:15-8pm (2yr – 8th grade) REGISTER: Generations Booth in the Foyer
· NEW! AWANA Sparks / T&T (K5-5th grade) Meet in Rm 005 NOT the Gym
· WEDNESDAYS – Trek, 6:15pm (Rm 205), HS CG, 6:45pm (Rm 231)
· SUNDAYS –
9:00am – Coffee (Gym)
9:15am – HS Encounter / MS CG (Gym)
11am – Worship with Church Family (Sanctuary)
6pm – Crosswalk Youth Choir (Choir Rm)
· D-Now: November 4-6, Registration coming soon!
· Passion 2017: January 2-4, Current Seniors and College Students. Brochure at the Generations Booth!
· Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
GROVE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
· Fridays, 8:15am– Parents Prayer & Coffee (Sanctuary)
· October 31 – DATE CHANGE!!! Golf Fundraiser at Hunting Hawks Golf Club, Glen Allen. (Supports the Scholarship Fund and Capital Improvement Fund) To reserve your sponsorship, please contact: 804-741-2860 or lawilliams@
Information / Join, Contact: email@example.com
· October 13– 6:30pm (Rm 105) How To Prepare Your Child Along the Way
· October 27– 6:30pm (Rm 105) History Of Inventions Fair
· November 3– 6:30pm (Rm 105) Operation Christmas Child – Wrapping Party
Helpers needed Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-1:00pm for Grove Christian School lunches. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
COFFEE SERVERS NEEDED for Sunday mornings
Have the gift of hospitality? Contact: email@example.com
E-NEWSLETTER IN YOUR EMAIL
If you have given us your email address and you are not receiving the E-Newsletter, please check your spam filter. Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS
8:30am-4:30pm Monday – Thursday
SHUTTLE PARKING TIMES & LOCATION
Beverly Hills Shopping Center: 8:30 am- 1:00pm
Century 21 & Bank: 8:30-9:15am & 12:15-1:00pm
Contact Liz: 804.740.8888 / email@example.com
RSVP: Noon on Monday (OR place bulletin insert in the offering plate on the Sunday prior )
Cost: $5 per adult and $3 per child· October 5 – Baked Ziti, Garden Salad, Garlic Bread, Peach, Bread Pudding
· October 12 – Poppyseed Chicken Casserole, Vegetable Medley, Corn, Fruit Cup, Roll, Rice Krispie Treat
· October 19 – Pork Chops, Roasted Potatoes, Succotash, Roll, Strawberry Cake
· October 26 – Beef Burritos, Mexican Salad, Chips & Salsa, Fiesta Corn, Sopapilla Cheesecake
Announcements must be submitted no later than 12 noon on FRIDAYS. Submissions must be 1-2 sentences long. Up to 100 word count allowed for WEB, please mark this clearly in the same email. Submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org